How We Operate
Basic information on how we operate
Our job is best done if our tenants never need us. What we mean by that is that if we have done our job well, our tenants should not have any problems and therefore will have extremely limited interaction with our staff. We have a full time maintenance crew that repairs and renovates our apartments. When notified of a problem or a potential problem, immediate action is taken to limit its affects on our tenants and the buildings. Our job is to maintain the apartments with as little inconvenience to our tenants as possible. The less you need us, the better we've served you.
On a daily basis, we maintain the exterior of each building as well as the interior of the common areas. We are constantly improving the apartments to make them more efficient, attractive, and useful to our tenants. As quickly as possible, we will correct problems brought to our attention so as not to inconvenience our tenants.
Our maintenance team works by prioritizing any requests provided by our residents or team members. Emergency items (i.e. lack of electricity, flooding, fire, frozen pipes, lack of heat, etc.) are our highest priority and we respond to these before anything else. In the event of an emergency, the response to other requests may be delayed.
We provide a significant amount of information at the beginning of each lease and do expect our tenants to read what is provided. We do assume that every person has read each document that they sign or initial. As a result of this assumption, we will fully honor the Lease and Lease Rider or any other documentation.
Responsibilities of our tenants
We are best able to do our job only when aided by our tenants. We expect our tenants to:
- Honor the terms of the Lease and Lease Rider
- Maintain apartments in the same manner they obtained them
- Be considerate to their neighbors
- Notify management of any and all potential problems
- Keep apartments secure by using all locking devices whenever the tenants are not there
- Lock windows and doors when leaving apartment or going to sleep
- Change light bulbs in apartments to keep them well lit and secure
- Use locks on building doors to keep building secure
- Notify management of lights that need replacing or other potential hazards.
- Replace furnace filters regularly (helps system run more efficiently reducing utilities)
- Keep apartments and common areas in clean and sanitary condition
- Treat all members of Seminary Properties and Management, Ltd. and subcontractors with respect
- Read all paperwork or documentation given by management
- Communicate with roommates (if applicable)
- Act responsibly and hold your guests to an equal standard
Our responsibilities to our tenants
We will do our best to:
- Eliminate potential problems
- Fix any defects, appliances, or items that need to be attended too
- Maintain the exterior of buildings and interior common areas
- Keep all exterior area's and interior common areas well illuminated and safe
For more detailed information on Moving-In, Moving-Out, Maintenance, Policies, and how we operate, please review frequently asked questions.